Wednesday, July 30, 2008

McCain Adopts Stance for Families & Is Sticking By It

John mcCainARRA News Service - Tony Perkins, FRC Action: In an interview on "This Week with George Stephanopoulos," Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) stuck to his guns on the issue of same-sex adoption. Despite pressure to soften his stance and hints that the McCain campaign was back-peddling on his earlier statements, McCain said plainly, "I'm running for president of the United States because I want to help with family values. And I think that family values are important. . . . I am for the values that two-parent families, the traditional family, represents," Sen. McCain said. We applaud the Arizona Senator for his support of traditional families, which study upon study affirms as the best environment for raising children. I hope this is only the beginning of a longer, more pointed dialogue about pro-family policies by the GOP's presidential nominee.

No comments: